Now we have made it back to the UK for a visit, there is time for me to reflect on the last 7 months. Here are the top 5 moments (not in order) from the trip:
4) Watching the Sunset on my Birthday in Samara, Costa Rica.
Of all the amazing sunsets we experienced, Samara remains my favourite beach for a beer at sunset. We have visited twice now and there is something very special about the place.
5) The Tranquil Beaches of The Corn Islands, Nicaragua
We visited many beautiful islands on our trip: Bocas Archipelago, Caye Caulker, Mujeres & Cozumel. The most scenic, yet deserted, was Big & Little Corn.
So many other wonderful moments which I’d love to mention, but just missed the top 5!
* Our first experience of teaching English in Bocas & Boquete, Panama (& the confidence to try more teaching opportunities)
* Old & New of Panama City
* Cahuita, laid back Caribbean town in Costa Rica
* Everything Guatemala (our favourite place) but especially: Santa Clara breakfasts; El Hato School; The main square Antigua; Exploring Tikal; The Mayan People; Colour & flavour in everything
* Yucatan, thank you for Mole Sauce, amazing people, food, variety & the beautiful Isla Mujeres.